Therapeutic Body Massage
We’ve all heard it, said it or thought it before, “I need a massage.” Once considered to be just hedonistic pampering for the rich and famous, massage therapy is now finding enormous popularity among millions of Americans. Massage therapy provides relief to people from all walks of life. The weekend athlete, the home gardener, the over stressed executive, secretaries, waitresses, laborers; virtually anyone can feel a need for massage therapy sooner or later.
Numerous research studies conducted in the United States, Europe, and Asia have documented that far beyond simply “feeling good,” massage therapy has an impressive range of physical, mental, and emotional benefits:
1. It reduces the effects of stress.
2. It relaxes tense muscles.
3. It decreases chronic pain.
4. It strengthens the immune system.
5. It can improve nerve function.
6. It helps you to sleep better.
7. It helps during pregnancy, among others.